If you’re in Sydney and love treats, you will be quite familiar with Luxe bakery. They make the most amazing delicious muffins, croissants and cakes.They also make a blueberry muffin that I am obsessed with. Every once in a while I treat myself to their muffin and sit in the corner eating it, secretly hoping that no one will ask to share.
This is my take on trying to make something similar. I’ve added greek yoghurt for extra protein and moisture (no one likes a dry muffin), a shit-load of blueberries for their awesome anti-oxidants (plus they taste so good) and sweetened them with honey and apple instead of sugar (eww). Try this out. You will love it.
Ingredients (Makes 8 big muffins)
- 2 x cups rolled oats
- 1 x cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 x cup vanilla flavoured greek yoghurt
- 4 x eggs
- 60 ml coconut oil
- 2 x apples
- 1 x punnet of blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tab honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160 C and prep your pan by spraying it with olive oil spray.
- Mix oats into a large bowl with linseed, yoghurt, oil, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, honey and eggs and allow to soak for 15 minutes. This will break down the oats and make them soft and fluffy.
- Grate the whole apple over the bowl so that you capture the skin and juice.
- Add the flour and mix through lightly to form your muffin batter.
- Gently mix in 3/4 of the blueberries.
- Spoon into your muffin tray. Sprinkle oats and blueberries over the top. Gently pushing the blueberries into the batter. Try not to bury them completely though.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test if they are ready by inserting a metal skewer. It should come out relatively clean.