Berry compote makes everything taste ten times better. It is also super easy and so versatile. I add it to everything – French toast, chia puddings, pancakes, granola, chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, brownies etc…
I’ve included some basic steps below on how to make a healthy version… (note – you can add a tab of caster sugar if you like, I prefer it without!).
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- zest and juice of an orange
- Place orange juice, zest (sugar if you are using it) and strawberries in a shallow frying pan. Simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Turn the strawberries over and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the blueberries, simmer for another minute.
- Add the raspberries, toss them through gently. Remove from heat.
Use as a topping or a side. Stores in the fridge for up to 5 days.